The first official race of the Texas Water Safari was held in June of 1963, but in 2012 the TWS will mark the 50th anniversary since Frank Brown and Bill "Big Willie" George decided to navigate from San Marcos to Corpus Christi, Texas, without a motor.
If you have historical data, race information, pictures of old race sheets, stats or any historical information about past Texas Water Safari races, you are encouraged to send them to the webmaster at email@example.com.
Past race entrants and results have been compiled and provided courtesy of Roger Zimmerman. Many thanks for his hard work and dedication to make this information available!
Past race info, stats, and results
Additional past years results, stats, etc. will be added as we gather that information.
- Youngest USCA C-1 Finisher, Female – Courtney Weber, 21 Years, 2011
- Youngest USCA C-1 Finisher, Male – Max Feaster, 18 Years, 2010
- Fastest Time – 29:46, 1997, Bryan Mynar, Fred Mynar, John Dunn, Jerry Cochran, Steve Landick, and Soloman Carriere
- Youngest Woman Solo Finisher – Rebekah Zeek, 18 years, 2009
- Women's USCA C1 – 74:47, 2007, Ann Best
- Women's Unlimited – 44:51, 2007, Hannah DeGray, Sarah Walliser, Holly Orr
- USCA C-1 (Men/Women) – 37:07, 2007, Jerry Rayburn
- Solo Unlimited – 36:03, 2007, Carter Johnson
- Women's Solo Unlimited – 49:26, 2004, Holly Nelson (now Holly Orr)
- Novice – 44:03, 2004, Allen Chellette & George Melder
- Mixed – 37:45, 2007, Deborah Lane & Fred Mynar
- Master's – 36:06, 2004, John Maika, Vance Sherrod, Pete Binnion, Jim Pye, and Pat Petrisky
- Parent-Child – Fastest Finish: 46:11, 1997, Kyle & Joe Mynar – Youngest Finisher: Jessica Bugge, 9 years, 2003
- Youngest Finisher – Jessica Bugge, 9 years, 2003
- Aluminum – 38:55, 1997, Donald and Daniel Baumbach
- USCA C-2 – 36:27, 1997, Allen Spelce and West Hansen
- Unlimited – 29:46, 1997, Bryan Mynar, Fred Mynar, John Dunn, Jerry Cochran, Steve Landick, and Soloman Carriere
- Standard – 38:18, 1992, Lynn wilson and Ron Lightfoot of Canada
- Tandem Unlimited – 35:17, 1987, John Bugge & Mike Shively